She lost the fight...

Kate fought hard for just over a year. She will be sorely missed by so many people. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Visiting Pediatrician in the morning...

Kate's been pretty sick the past day or so. She's had a mild fever (up to ~101F), been really fussy, and has been very sleepy. Kelly and I decided to have her seen tomorrow at her pediatrician office's daily urgent care clinic just to make sure we're not missing anything (especially relative to last week's ER visit).

Also, Kate's been throwing up a bit more. During her last feed tonight, she started vomiting. As Kelly held her head to the side, I tried to suck what remained in her stomach out through her tube (I figured we could put it back in once she was settled). Kelly and I noticed a little blood tinged formula as I took the last bit out. Naturally, this freaked us out. We called the on-call pediatrician and told her the situation. She said that at this point it isn't an emergency, but we definitely need to have her checked out tomorrow - good thing we had already planned to do that!

We're crossing our fingers in hopes that this doesn't turn into something major.

No comments: