She lost the fight...

Kate fought hard for just over a year. She will be sorely missed by so many people. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Nothing much to report

Kate did well last night. She fussed a bit before falling asleep for good around 11pm. Wasn't sure what was bugging her. If I could only read minds....hmmm

Almost had a catastrophe last night when the hospital pharmacy sent up her cephtriaxone (antibiotic) in a dextrose solution (sugar!). Thankfully, the nurse caught the mistake and no harm was done. We're always a simple oversight away from losing her ketosis and potential recurrence of seizures. Vigilance!

Today we do not expect much to happen. Kate's home nurse, Constance, will be spending a few hours with her this morning. That way, Kelly and I will have a break and Constance will be up to speed on Kate's needs & condition come Monday morning when Kelly and I plan on returning to work. It's great that she will be able to care for Kate at the hospital (the nurses at Memorial will still care for her medically, but this way Kate will have someone dedicated to her even when Kelly and I are not there).

Here's hoping everyone has a good weekend!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Here's hoping YOU have a great weekend!! It sounds like things are going well, and I'm so happy to hear! Enjoy your free moments and hope to see you at work on Monday.

If I could only have half the strength you guys possess...

Labby

Anna Clifford said...

Very glad to hear things are going well, and we'll be happy to have you back at work on Monday.

It's not easy herding all these cats by myself.

Have a great weekend!

Happy Mother's Day to Kelly, you both deserve some sort of award for your unfaltering strength, support, and love of your little girls.

Anna :)