She lost the fight...

Kate fought hard for just over a year. She will be sorely missed by so many people. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, August 8, 2008

Still at the Hospital in Santa Rosa

As of Friday afternoon, Kate is still at Memorial Hospital in Santa Rosa. She's doing ok and back on anti-seizure meds.

She hasn't had a seizure since early this morning before she got her loading dose of phenobarbitol. She has been on phenobarb for about 12 hours now and is acting/looking normal. They are keeping her at the hospital for observation, to make sure the phenobarb is doing its job. At this point, it looks like we're probably going home tonight. They want to make sure that her phenobarb level is correct before we go home. Hopefully, we'll be talking to the docs soon to discuss what's in store for the immediate and near future. Unfortunately, we're certain that the future will include phenobarbitol for a while.

Rightnow, I'm at home for a few minutes with Julia, waiting for Grandma to come and take over. I'll head back to the hospital soon. Unfortunately, I left my laptop at work (thought I was going to be at work today!), so I can only update the blog from home. Memorial doesn't have public computer access like UCSF did. Oh well.

Thanks for the support!

No comments: