She lost the fight...

Kate fought hard for just over a year. She will be sorely missed by so many people. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Home - July 10th

Kate's alittle less fussy & the jackhammering has stopped!

Kate slept a fair amount last night between bouts of fussiness. Thank god my mom, Gayle, was here to help us tagteam during the night. We all got some amount of sleep, although I think my mom took the biggest bullet in that regard. Thanks Mom!

Today we're attempting to rest and take it easy. We're also learning to manage Kates medicine regime. Believe it or not, I think Tylenol is doing the trick for pain after all. I'm guessing the fussiness yesterday was morphine withdrawl. Yikes. It's now been 36+ hours since her last dose.

We've got doctors appointments scattered over the next week on which I will post updates. I'm not sure how often I'll be posting after that, but I'm not going to stop. Don't want anyone to go through Kate withdrawls or anything ;) .

I've started another blog, accessible via the link to the right (those that love kate), with pictures of visitors, nurses, Kelly & I, etc. if you're interested. I'm trying to keep this blog more specific to how Kate's doing.

Here are some pictures from yesterday & today:


Dr. Azakie - we owe this man the world. He has a daughter very close in age to Kate.


Kate's monitors. Disconnected and in standby mode. Beautiful (& quiet).



Kate's final hospital echocardiogram. I still don't know how they make heads or tails out of the pictures they get, but supposedly they looked good!


Here I am on the computer, posting one of the last blogs from the TCU. It was pretty nice being able to do that from her rooms. UCSF really has alot of resources for parents and families.


Yeah. She wasn't too happy about this. Hope her dislike of the carseat is temporary!


We arrived home to some nice balloons and decorations (Thanks Mom!)


Kate this morning. Another 'milk coma'. They should consider the stuff a controlled substance more powerful than a narcotic. Peace at last.


1 comment:

Rich said...

thinking about you and have you in my prayers today...Karen