Better again... Her heart is functioning with a normal 'sinus' rhythm again and is down to 130-140 bpm!!!
We arrived back at the hospital at 7 this morning (we stole a few more minutes of sleep ;) ). She had had an uneventful night again. She hadn't eaten a huge amount, but slept a fair amount. She apparently had gotten a little fussy just before we got here, but nothing a little morphine didn't cure :( .
Her heart had been beating ok, but not in the correct order. As we learned, all the chambers in the heart contract at different times and in a specific order - I hand always thought they all contracted at once. Hers was going out of order. Because of this, the monitors showed the lack of a 'p-wave' (technical term for another little bump in the heartwave line!). The amiodarone supposedly helps both with rhythm and high heartrate. I'd say it's doing it's job. The docs are looking at taking her off of it within the next 24 hours if things stay good.
We arrived back at the hospital at 7 this morning (we stole a few more minutes of sleep ;) ). She had had an uneventful night again. She hadn't eaten a huge amount, but slept a fair amount. She apparently had gotten a little fussy just before we got here, but nothing a little morphine didn't cure :( .
Her heart had been beating ok, but not in the correct order. As we learned, all the chambers in the heart contract at different times and in a specific order - I hand always thought they all contracted at once. Hers was going out of order. Because of this, the monitors showed the lack of a 'p-wave' (technical term for another little bump in the heartwave line!). The amiodarone supposedly helps both with rhythm and high heartrate. I'd say it's doing it's job. The docs are looking at taking her off of it within the next 24 hours if things stay good.
Kate looks small compared to all the technology supporting her.
At this point, there isn't any other news to report. It looks like we'll likely be in the ICU until Monday, but that's dependant on many factors. We'll see. I secretly want to stay in the ICU as long as we can because her care is so good and she's being monitored so closely, but I know going to the 'transitional care unit' means she's doing better! Plus... her room has such a great view!
Views of Golden Gate Park and Bridge (hard to see)
1 comment:
Woohoo for Kate! Home is around the corner. Dominick says "bararaghgharghgheoooooohblaaaaah I do working..."
Thanks for the updates.
ATL
Post a Comment